Like I’ve said before, basil is one of those things that is in endless supply at our house. It’s super easy to grow, plus it’s very resilient so somehow it thrives no matter what we do. So when we have lots of basil hanging around. The one and only thing to do is make pesto!!!
Just the thing to use up all that endless basil and it freezes well making it even better!
So here it is. The recipe + video for my easy GF + DF Pesto.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the olive oil.
- Blend for a couple seconds and then drizzle in the olive oil while its blending so that it mixes as it blends.
- Once you have added all the oil, continue to blend for about a minute or two so that everything is mixed and there are no chunks.
- Once finished, store in a glass jar in the fridge for about 1 to 2 weeks. If it lasts that long!