It’s Breakfast Time…Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausages
I don’t know about you guys, but breakfast is the hardest meal for me to find. Especially when you’re in a rush and need to leave the house in a hurry. And it’s even harder to find a breakfast place that caters to our special needs. So one of my goals is to find breakfast solutions that I can just grab and go when we’re I don’t have time to make a sit down breakfast.
One of my favorite things before being diagnosed, was an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds. There was just something about the combo of egg and sausage on a muffin with cheese that still calls my name. The sausage being my favourite part of course…or was it the muffin?!?!?!
Anyways, since I can’t have that yummy breakfast with its gluten filled self, I tried to make something, not quite the same but somewhat similar. That’s how I came up with these yummy Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausages that are the perfect addition to any breakfast plate, plus they freeze well!! So when you need them, just pop it out of the freezer and warm. Easy as that!!
These bites of turkey, and seasonings with maple syrup for additional flavor are so good and addictive that I ended up eating almost all while I was editing the video and writing the recipe for them. (LOL!!) So before they are all gone here’s the recipe for you to try them yourself.
- 1 lb Ground Turkey thawed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 heaping tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix well, until combined.
- Using a spoon to average, scoop out a little of the turkey mixture and form small patties. Lay them out on a sheet tray or dish and chill for about 15 mins before grilling. (Note: you can also freeze these raw and cook them right before eating)
- When chilling time is almost done, or right before cooking. Heat and skillet, grill or frying pan over medium to high heat. Coat lightly with oil, and grill sausages for approximately 5-7 mins on each side or until fully cooked. (Cooking time may vary depending on how thick & big your sausage patties are.)
- Finally add to your favorite breakfast plate or freeze for further use. Then Enjoy!!!
Here’s how we enjoyed ours…with a side of boil eggs: