Calling all Peanut Butter Lovers!!! This recipe is for you!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is Peanut Butter and Chocolate. The richness of the chocolate combined with the creamy nuttiness of peanut butter makes for a flavor combo like no other. So what better way to celebrate this awesome flavor than by making something baked.
The result equals these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies.
How good that does sound?!?! And how awesome do they look??? A delicious brownie base with a peanut butter topping, it’s the perfect dessert for the peanut butter lover in all of us.
Now this combo is not for everyone. If you’re not a peanut butter fan, this probably sounds like I’ve spoiled the brownies. But the best part of this recipe is that you can leave out the peanut butter swirl and what you’re left with is a chewy, fudgy brownie that can be topped with chocolate frosting and enjoyed when you need that chocolate craving.
The next best part of this recipe is that it requires one bowl, no double boiler and it takes about 10 mins to assemble. Meaning it’s the perfect dessert when you’re in a hurry!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup GF flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 & King Arthur’s with great results!
- 1 cup sugar or Xylitol
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil melted or melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp guar gum (if blend does not contain any)
- 3 tbsps water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (melted optional)
- Ina a large bowl combine gluten free flour, sugar, salt, guar gum, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Using a spoon or a spatula, create a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk to combine the dry ingredients with the wet until a batter is formed. If you find you batter is too thick, add water 1 tbsp at a time until it can be easily whisked. It should still be pourable.
- Pour the batter into an 8 x 8 brownie pan, lined with parchment paper. Use the back of a spatula to spread out the batter so that it covers the entire pan. Note: The brownies can be baked now by simply topping with some chocolate chips and baking for 25 – 30 mins.
- To make the peanut butter swirl. Heat the peanut butter in a microwave safe dish for about 30 – 45 seconds. The peanut butter will be pourable when ready.
- Before baking, drizzle the peanut butter over the top of the brownies. Using a toothpick or paring knife, swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter creating a nice pattern on the top. Once you’re satisfied with how it looks, bake the brownies in a 350° F oven for 25-30 mins.
- Once done remove from oven, let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing. Then let cool completely, top with chocolate frosting if you desire and enjoy!!