One of my absolute favorite desserts has always been cheesecake! There’s just something about the crunchiness of the crust paired with the creaminess of the sweet cream cheese on top that gets me every time.
But of course, regular cheese cake is full of sugar, and gluten making it a no no for me. So we set out to make one that is not only easy, but refined sugar free and delicious. And I think we found it in these easy Cheesecake bars with an Oat Crust.
With less than 10 ingredients, these Cheesecake Bars can be yours to enjoy! Here’s the recipe:
CHEESECAKE BARS WITH OAT CRUST
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 3 Tbsps Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsps Agave
- Pinch of Salt
For the filling:
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Xylitol, Agave or Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essesnce
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment and set aside.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients of the crust, ensuring that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and using a measuring cup or spatula, pat the oats flat, making sure that the entire pan is covered.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until just golden, then remove from oven and let cool slightly.
For the Filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add all the ingredients for the filling and whisk for about 5 – 7 minutes on medium to high speed until there are no chunks and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture over prepared crust and bake for another 20 – 30 minutes until the filling is set and the edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven let cool for about an hour on the counter, then refrigerate for about 2 hours until chilled through.
- Add your favorite topping, cut into 9 squares and enjoy!!