Who’s up for some more Quarantine Baking? I don’t know about you, but these last couple of weeks have played havoc with my diet. Baking is my way of relaxing and with all that happen out there, I’ve ben baking up a storm and my recent project are these moist and delicious Gluten Free Passion Fruit Cupcakes .
On the rare outing that we had this week to pick up some much need items at the green grocer, I happened to see a heap of beautiful yellow and pink passion fruit I immediately purchased a heap, not knowing what I was going to do with them.
Gluten Free Passion Fruit Cupcakes
In my mind I thought of a mug of juice, maybe a cocktail, and even a Passion Fruit Loaf Cake. But then a light bulb went off in my head and I thought “Why not Passion Fruit Cupcakes?”
I went straight for my go to sponge cake recipe and began making the changes which resulted in the Gluten Free Passion Fruit Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. And they were a winner!
A moist and light passion fruit infused sponge cake, with the creamy tang of cream cheese made for one decadent treat. And with our new video set up, I was able to record a recipe video to go along with it!
How awesome is that!?!
I know some of you might be thinking that passion fruit isn’t your flavor, but you will be surprised at how the little that we add isn’t over powering, but gives just the hint these cupcakes need.
So if you’re ready, let’s get baking!
Passion Fruit Cupcakes
- 2 XL Eggs
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour, 1:1 Baking Blend
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh Passion Fruit Pulp
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons milk or dairy free milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp guar gum (omit if blend already has in it)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening, softened
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- Next, prepare your dry ingredients. In a bowl sift together flour, gum, salt and baking powder then set aside.
- In another bowl or measuring cup combine milk, passion fruit juice, vanilla and coconut oil then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the eggs for 4 mins with the paddle attachment over medium to high speed.
- Add the sugar, and beat again for another 2-4 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer to low, add the flour and mix until just combined. Add the milk mixture and beat again just to combine the ingredients.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the edges of the cupcakes are just golden and a toothpick stuck through the center comes out clean.
- Once finshed, remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling, in a bowl combine butter and shortening. Beat using a hand mixer or stand mixer until creamy, then add cream cheese and beat again.
- Next add vanilla, mix to combine, then gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Once cupcakes are cool, top with frosting and finsh with Passion Fruit Pulp.