Have your veggies and your Chocolate fix too with these moist, refined sugar free, Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
I remember the first time I heard about baking with zucchini. I was a little baffled at how that simple veggie could be turned into muffins, loaves and more. Until I tried it myself and I was hooked!
Now whenever I see zucchini at the market, I always grab a few to make noodles (zucchini noodles). Or to bake up either my Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Loaf or these easier to carry and snack on Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
Let’s Talk Ingredients for these Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins!
The main ingredients for these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins include:
- Fresh Grated Zucchini
- Gluten Free Baking Flour – we used our homemade blend. But you can use your favorite baking blend with gum.
- Cocoa powder or Carob Powder
- Extra Large eggs – gives that little extra liquid you sometimes need in gluten free baking.
- Sweetener – we love Coconut sugar in this recipe!
- Rising agents
- Chocolate Chips
- Oil – we use coconut oil but you can also use vegetable oil or melted butter.
How to make these Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
What I love about this recipe, is that it’s not only healthy and delish, but easy and requires one bowl. To make them you:
- Whisk together the wet ingredients: egg, yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla and sugar.
- Then you sift in the dry ingredients.
- Finally fold in the zucchini, followed by some of the chocolate chips.
- Divide it among the cupcake liners. Add the remaining chocolate chips. Bake and then enjoy warm.
- How easy is that!
A few tips for making our Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
To make these dairy free, use your favorite dairy free yogurt and chocolate chip in place of the regular.
Coconut sugar is our go-to sweetener when making such as these. The cocoa powder masks the dark color of the coconut sugar and it makes this recipe refined sugar free. But you can also use brown sugar or xylitol too.
I hope you try these muffins, they truly are yum! And if you don, don’t forget to comment or tag us on social and let us know what you think!
Happy Baking Foodies! Love always,