I love granola, but it’s so hard to find one that’s just the way I like it: nutty, crunchy and a bit salty sweet. So instead of continuing the hunt I decided to create my own with fillings that I like.
This recipe is supper simple, takes a couple of minutes to put together and bakes in less than an hour. Here it is:
Sweet & Salty Nutty Granola
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsps coconut sugar
- 3 tbsps coconut oil (cold pressed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well, making sure everything is coated and fully combined.Pour the mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spread out evenly using a spatula or wooden spoon. Bake for 35 – 40 mins, stirring hallway through to ensure it bakes evenly. It will be a nice golden brown with toasted edges when finished.
- Let cool completely before serving.