One of my favorite foods (and I have a lot) that I loooveee is pizza. So one of my goals since becoming gluten free, has been to find a pizza recipe that is delicious, dairy free, yeast free and of course gluten free. I’ve been trying out different recipes, but so far none have come out quite exactly how I would want. So it’s back to the drawing board, and for today’s tester here’s what I tried:
Pizza Dough Tester – 1st May 2017
- 3 cups all purpose GF flour blend. (I used Bob Red mills). Plus more for sprinkling.
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water (or enough to make dough come together)
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients and wisk together.
- Create a well in the center and add the yogurt, water and oil. Using a wooden spoon to mix and once it starts coming together, use your hands and knead together until a dough starts to form
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour, and empty out dough onto the surface and knead until it forms a smooth dough.
- Next cut a piece of parchment paper to the size of the sheet pan you will be baking your pizza on. Place it on your work surface and roll out you dough on it to the desired size.
- Place it on the sheet pan and cover with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 – 25 minutes or until crust edges start to turn golden.
Here’s what my pizza looked like. I used fresh tomato sauce that I made myself. Gluten free turkey bacon, onions, tomatoes and vegan mozzarella cheese.