Vegan Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
If you love the flavor of apples and cinnamon then this recipe is for you!!! These apple cinnamon pancakes are the perfect blend of the favored apple cinnamon combo, plus they are gluten free and vegan! What could be better?
I love pancakes for breakfast, and sometimes you just want a little change from the norm and these spiced up pancakes definitely do the trick. Made with Apple sauce, GF flour, cinnamon and some more goodies. It’s like having all the flavors of apple pie in a pancake.
So if you’re brave enough to change things up here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup almond milk (or dairy free option)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose GF flour
- 2 tbsp xylitol or sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (I used organic so it was less potent. You could probably add less)
- 1/2 ts vanilla
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl or measuring cup, combine milk, apple sauce, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, apple sauce and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk until well combined. Let sit for a minute or two so that the vinegar and baking powder can work its magic. While the mixture is sitting, heat pan or grill.
- Pour batter onto the pan and cook until it starts to bubble, then flip and cook on the other side until nice and golden. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add to plate, drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!!
April 5, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Hi, I haven’t really looked for xylitol but guess I can get it at those whole food stores as haven’t looked but can I use honey or maple syrup instead as trying not to use sugar in my toddler’s food.
April 5, 2018 at 5:54 pm
Hi, I usually get it in the Gourmet stores. You can try the maple syrup but you may need to decrease some of the liquid as it might get to watery, so I’m not sure how it will work. But I have made it with coconut sugar and it works.