If you’re like me, there’s nothing like sitting with a plate of crackers and cheese, with a little jam spread and a cup coffee for tea time. Oh just thinking about it makes my mouth water.
But finding a cracker that is gluten free and healthy is a bit of a challenge. So what’s a GF girl to do!?!? Make my own!
With GF baking finding that perfect match to something with gluten is nearly impossible. And I will admit, these do not taste like your typical cracker, but they do offer a healthy alternative, that is gut friendly and GF friendly too.
Made with almond flour, coconut flour, egg and a little Tapioca for rolling. It is the definition of easy baking while still being healthy and yummy.
So if you’re looking for a cracker to add to your tea plate, cheese plate or just to snack, here it is!!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of salt
- About 1/4 cup water
- Tapioca Flour for dusting
- In a bowl combine, almond flour, coconut flour and salt, then mix well.
- Crack the egg in a bowl, add two tablespoons of water, then add the mixture to the flour blend. Using a spoon mix the egg with the flour until a dough begins to form.
- Once the dough starts to come together, use your hands to form a ball. If the mixture is too dry, add water a tablespoon at a time until it holds together.
- Next, sprinkle your rolling surface with some Tapioca flour. Place the dough ball on top, sprinkle with a little Tapioca, then using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it’s about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut out circles using a cookie cutter or glass. And place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for about 15-20 mins until the edges start to turn golden.
- Remove from tray, place on a cooling rack and let cool before serving.
- Add your favorite dip and enjoy!!!