Gluten Free Coconut Sugar Brownies
Chewy, gluten free and low glycemic, get your chocolate sweet craving without the sugar spike with these Gluten Free Coconut Sugar Brownies.
Everyone laughs when I tell them I love to bake but I don’t usually eat the treats I bake. I’ve never really been one to eat much sweets, but every so often I do love something chocolate and decadent. But when I get that sweet chocolate craving I love a nice chewy brownie. And these Gluten Free Coconut Sugar Brownies hit the spot.
How to Make Gluten Free Coconut Sugar Brownies
- Cocoa Powder – we used a dutch pressed, dairy free cocoa powder for a rich chocolate brownie.
- Eggs – I used XL eggs. It has a little more liquid which works well especially in gluten free baking.
- Coconut Sugar – Made from the coconut palm, it is dark in colour and low glycemic. It’s not as sweet as regular sugar, but it does add a great depth of flavor and just enough sweetness especially with the addition of the chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Chips – when it comes to brownies, I love the addition of chocolate chips. The extra gooey bit you get when you bite into the brownie is a slice of chocolate heaven. You could leave them out but I’m partial to the chocolate chips.
- Oil – when it comes to all my baking that uses oil, I generally use coconut oil, grapeseed oil or olive oil depending on the recipe. For these brownies I used coconut oil, but you could use a neutral oil such as canola.
- GF Flour – This recipe uses a gluten free 1:1 baking blend. I used my own blend, but bobs red mill 1:1 works great too. Or you could use any 1:1 baking blend that you prefer.
- Baking Powder
Tips for Making these Coconut Sugar Brownies
These brownies are dairy free without the addition of the chocolate chips. But if you do add chocolate chips and would like to keep the recipe dairy free, simply use a dairy free chip such as these from enjoy life.
All that’s left for you to do, is grab a bowl and whip up a batch of these super yummy brownies.
Happy Baking Foodies,