What do you do when someone gives you a whole bunch of ripe bananas? You make these super easy, gluten and refined sugar free Banana Oat Muffins!
2019 has started with a bang! And over the past couple of weeks, we’ve been working on some new projects for the blog, and as much as I enjoy the designing, I must say I’ve been missing the kitchen and the recipes testing. So when I received the basket of over ripe bananas, I got so excited and the first thing that popped into my mind was muffins!
Muffins isn’t something that I make often, but when I do, I want them to be hearty and filling. That way whether I snack on them or have them for breakfast I’m not looking for something to eat soon after. And these easy Banana Oat Muffins are just the kind that I enjoy!
Filled with Rolled Oats, they are hearty and delicious especially when you add in walnuts and cranberries for added flavor. Plus they can be made in one bowl, making clean up a breeze. Here’s the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Banana Oat Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups GF Rolled Oats
- 1 cup GF 1:1 Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 XL egg
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Extra oats for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare 12 count muffin pan by lining with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add bananas and using a fork or masher, mash them until there are no more chunks left.
- Add coconut oil, coconut sugar and egg to the bananas, whisking together until it’s well blended and combined.
- Next, add the vanilla, stir to combine. Then using a spatula fold in the dried ingredients (except the cranberries and the nuts) making sure you don’t over mix the batter. Once the dried ingredients are all mixed in, fold in the cranberries and nuts if you’re adding them to you muffins.
- Using a scoop or spoon, fill your muffin cups to about 3/4 way full. Once filled, top with the extra rolled oats and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes until golden.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack before enjoying warm with some jam on the side. And that’s it!! Quick and Easy!