2019…How did you get here so fast? I asked myself this question so many times in the first day of the new year, that I was certain I would answer myself. But the truth is, time has passed so fast, that I couldn’t believe the new year was upon us already. And all those plans I had for starting the new year with healthy eats went right out the window as I took a bite of the leftover Fruit Cake and sipped on the last of my Ponche de Creme.Continue reading “Quinoa Salad” »
Browsing Tag: blogging
When it comes to dessert, my favorite go-to item is always a cupcake. Quick and easy, a cupcake can be made in any flavor and decorated for any occasion. And out of all the flavors out there, a simple chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing is at the top of my list. Continue reading “Easy Peasy GF Chocolate Cupcakes” »
Calling all Peanut Butter Lovers!!! This recipe is for you!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is Peanut Butter and Chocolate. The richness of the chocolate combined with the creamy nuttiness of peanut butter makes for a flavor combo like no other. So what better way to celebrate this awesome flavor than by making something baked.
When it comes to cake, there’s no other, like a simple sponge. With its light and airy texture and mild vanilla tones, I think the only thing that can make it better is to add a little orange or lemon and make it gluten free! And that is what we did to make this simple but divine Orange Sponge Cake!
After over a year of living gluten free, breakfast still proves to be one of the hardest meals for me to find. Although there are a variety of gluten free breads available, sometimes you just want something a little more elegant for breakfast, and these Gluten Free Biscuits are just the thing for those special days when you want breakfast to stand out.
I can’t think of a better way to showcase our country and its rich culture than with food! (Of course I am biased to food because…well…I love food!) And with the upcoming BessFest we’ve partnered with CGA Ltd. to create this delicious Chadon Beni Lemon Chicken/Fish Kebabs with Spicy Mayo using their Coconut Infused Oils to showcases our great local products and flavors.
Chadon Beni aka Culantro or Shadow Beni, has so many names it’s hard to keep track. On its own it can be very overpowering, and is best described as a stronger version of cilantro. But when mixed with the Coconut Infused Oils, it makes for delicious marinade that adds great depth of flavor to this dish.
Perfect for these upcoming summer days, this dish can be made on an outdoor grill, skillet or tabletop grill. It’s very versatile and a great swap for the normal “Cilantro Lime Chicken” that’s more commonly know. Plus, it’s easy, uses such simple ingredients and can be added to Tacos, Salads or an Appetizer plate.
So here’s the recipe….
CHADON BENI LEMON CHICKEN/FISH KEBABS with SPICY MAYO
For Spicy Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsps LEMON INFUSED COCONUT OIL
- 2 tbsps CHILLI INFUSED COCONUT OIL
- 1 tsps Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsps Garlic Powder
- 1-2 tsps Chilli Powder
- 1 lb Chicken or White Fish cut into cubes
- 2 tbsps Chadon Beni chopped
- 2 tbsps GARLIC INFUSED COCONUT OIL
- 4 tbsps LEMON INFUSED COCONUT OIL
- 2 tsps Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more for taste)
- 4-6 Skewers for grilling soaked in water
- For the Spicy Mayo, simply combine all the ingredients except the chilli powder in a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Next add the chilli powder 1tsp at a time until you get the desired amount of spicy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the chicken/fish, make the marinade by whisking together the Chadon Beni, Lemon Pepper, Salt and Infused Coconut Oils until well combined.
- Next add the marinade to the cubed chicken/fish tossing until well coated. Once fully coated, thread the meat onto the skewers immediately and set aside to marinate for 5-10 mins while you heat the grill. (Note, it’s important to thread the chicken onto the skewers right after coating so that it creates a nice coating on the chicken)
- Heat a grill pan or skillet, over medium to high heat until it’s is nice and smoking hot. Grill kebabs for 6-8 mins until nice and golden, rotating them half way through to make sure it’s evenly cooked. If you are using a skillet try not to over crowd the pan.
- Once all the kebabs are cooked, serve with spicy mayo over corn tortillas or salad and enjoy!
Just a couple of tips!
- Before you start coating the meat with the marinade, let it rest on the counter for about 5 -10 minutes so that it can release some of the chill. Coconut oil hardens when its cold, so this will make the meat easier to handle.
New!!! Get a printable recipe card for this easy and yummy recipe here!