Let’s go to Thailand: Candida Friendly Thai Inspired Chicken Salad
One of my favourtie salads of all time is a Thai Chicken Salad. The combinations of greens and peanut dressing to me is just magical. But once you’re eating on a candida diet, the traditional one is definitely out of bounds. (And I will admit I have been cheating so this is one of those recipes to help me get back on track.)
Traditionally the dressing is made with peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey, sugar and a bunch of other non candida foods. But I have found some alternatives that make this Salad even better than the original.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Cold Pressed coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or organic Tamari
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups green salad – (I used a combo of lettuce, cabbage, red peppers and green peppers)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup grilled chicken (or 1 chicken breast cubed. Rotisserie chicken can work also)
- 2 green Onions chopped
- Thai basil for top
Note: if you are grilling your own chicken and roasting your own almonds be sure to do it first so that you can combine everything at once.
I grilled my chicken and toasted my almonds on a table top grill and it worked well.
Making the Salad:
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk using a fork to make sure it’s well combined.
- Once mixed set aside and start building the salad.
- In a large bowl:add salad toasted almonds grilled chicken shredded carrots and finally the dressing.
- Mix the salad until it’s completely coated in the dressing.
- Next add to a bowl and top with green onions and Thai basil. Then enjoy!!