Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Like I’ve said before, some girls collect shoes, I collect appliances, and handbags. Because, let’s admit it, what girl doesn’t love a good handbag. But anyways, as I was saying, I collect appliances and my latest addition is my Slow Cooker!
So far this is one of my favs!! And of course, I couldn’t just get a plain old black or grey, I got a teal striped one from Black + Decker.
So now that I had my pretty Slow Cooker, the question was, WHAT DO I DO WITH IT FIRST?!? And I found the perfect recipe in this easy Gluten Free Slow Cooker SHREDDED TERIYAKI CHICKEN.
This was the perfect recipe for the slow cooker. All you have to do is add all the ingredients, give it a mix, turn it on and go about your business. Finished in about 3-4 hours. You can put it on in the morning and it’s done by lunch! Plus it uses ingredients that your probably already have on hand, so it’s just right for an easy meal without too much fuss.
Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- 4-5 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup GF Organic Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 4 tbsps xylitol
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped (about a 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch or Arrowroot
- Sea Salt
- In the bowl of the slow cooker, lay the chicken breast salt on the bottom.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt. The add, the Tamari, Vinegar, Sesame oil, Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Xylitol and water.
- Mix it all together in the cooker, making sure that the chicken is fully coated and in one layer.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once finished remove chicken from cooker and add to a bowl, leaving the sauce behind.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken, then set aside.
- Next in a pot, add the remaining sauce from the cooker. Mix the cornstarch or arrowroot together with about 2 -3 tbsps of water. Add the mixture to the sauce and cook over medium to high heat until it thickens.
- Once thick, pour over shredded chicken. Stir to make sure all the chicken gets coated.
- Add to a serving bowl and enjoy!
These taste amazing in my GF Coconut Tapioca Wraps, they can be used for spring rolls or even on top of Jasmine Rice. Anyway you enjoy it it’s Delish!!!