Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you love soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, then this recipe is for YOU!!! To me, chocolate chip cookies are an art. There is something about the right ratio of cookie to chocolate chip, that can make it near perfect or not so great. These cookies, (well at least for me) are just the right combo of sweetness, to chocolate and cookie ratio. Plus it incorporates on of my favourite fruits to make it healthier and vegan.
Something that really works well in Gluten Free Baking to help not only with binding and moisture is a plain old banana. Honestly, I’m not sure why it works, but it just does. Plus it allows for making things vegan as it can replace and egg. How awesome is that!!!
These cookies, are an adaptation of a regular cookie recipe that I found in one of my old cookbooks, while incorporating some new things I saw while trolling Pinterest, as well as some things I have learnt through GF Baking. They are soft, and chewy with a slight crunch. They are best eaten as soon as they are cooled, but can last up to a week in a container in the fridge. (If they last that long!) The recipe is quite simple, and doesn’t require anything fancy like a kitchen aid for it to come together.
So here it is. I hope you enjoy!
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 over ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp GF All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan spread or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- In a medium to large bowl, combine the flour, guar gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk then set aside.
- In another bowl, add softened vegan spread or butter and brown sugar. Whisk until creamy.
- Add mashed banana & vanilla, then whisk until smooth and combined.
- Next, add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and and mix until combined and a smooth batter forms.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop the batter onto a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Bake at 350° F for about 15 – 20 mins or until the cookies are golden and being to smell.
- Once baked, remove from tray gently, using a wide spatial. Let cool on a rack before serving. Then Enjoy!!!