Easy Parsley Potatoes (Dairy Free Option)
When it comes to herbs, one of my favorites next to basil is parsley. We always have tons of it in the garden so I’m always looking for ways to use up the excess. And these Easy Parsley Potatoes are a great way to add flavour and use up some of the excess.
Parsley potatoes has been one of my favorite potato sides dishes for a long time. Not only is it easy, it is super yummy and makes a great addition to the dinner table or Sunday brunch.
Not only are they naturally gluten free, they can also be made dairy free, which makes it a side dish for everyone.
What do you need to make Easy Parsley Potatoes?
- Potatoes: are a must! You want your potatoes firm enough that they can stand up to the tossing with the butter and herbs. When cooking, try not to over cook your potatoes or you might end up with parsley potato mash instead.
- Parsley: flat leaf Italian or curly parsley both work well in this recipe. So whichever one you have on hand, not to worry it can work!
- Butter: I love the flavour and texture butter adds to this dish. I used regular unsalted butter, but if you have salted not to worry. Simply taste your potatoes before seasoning so that you don’t over salt them.
- Garlic: the first time I made these potatoes, I minced the garlic with a knife. But since then I’ve been mincing with a microplane and with the finer mince the potatoes absorb more garlic flavor. Something I love!
- Parmesan Cheese: the addition of the parmesan in these potatoes really takes them up a notch. This is an optional addition, so if you don’t have it not to worry, your potatoes will still be yummy.
Dairy Free Option
To make these dairy free, simply use dairy free butter instead of regular and leave out the parmesan cheese.
Make it a meal!
These potatoes make the perfect side dish. We added some grilled pork chops and a side salad for a super delicious easy dinner! You could also try our Easy Gluten Free Shake and Bake Chicken Remake for simple alternative.