On the 6th day of Christmas….
Can you believe it! There is only 6 days left until Christmas and I feel like there is so much left to do with so little time left. But I think I’ve got most of my gifts sorted out and for those last minute gifts I’ve got these easy GF Vegan Sorrel Thumbprint Cookies ready to go!
I love baked gifts! I think they are my favourite kind. Maybe because I love food so much and I love to share that love with others. Christmas isn’t about the presents for me, its about spreading a little joy and Christmas cheer, letting people know that there’s still goodness out there. And to me giving a little home baked something, really says more.
For years I’ve been baking regular sugar cookies and fruit cakes. But this year, I’m getting rid of the gluten full and giving out the gluten free. And if you’re thinking about giving some Holiday Home Baked this year, these easy GF Thumbprint Cookies will make you look like a pro, without the hard work.
They are moist and delicious on the outside, with a slightly gooey center from the jam on the inside. Plus they are refined sugar free, vegan and healthy.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp xylitol
- 3 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla
- Sorrel Homemade Jam or Store bought
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Slowly pour in the coconut oil and mix until crumbly and starts to make a dough.
- Add the water and knead until a dough forms.
- Chill for 15 mins.
- Remove from fridge and start making cookies, by breaking off little pieces at a time and form little balls. Dough usually gives about 16 cookies.
- Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1″ apart.
- Next using your thumb, gently press the center of the cookie dough to create a little space to place your jam.
- Spoon a little bit of jam into the center of each cookie. Then bake at 350° F for about 15 mins or until golden.
- Remove from tray, and let cool completely on a rack before eating.