Christmas in my favorite time of the year, hands down! The feeling in the air, the trees, the lights and the baking are just a few of the many things that speak to my heart and soul. So as per Christmas tradition, I’m kicking off my season with cookies! And I can’t think of a better recipe to bake and create than these Gluten Free M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies.
As many of you would know, when some of your favorite snacks are now off limits, you celebrate the ones that are on the safe list. For a long while I thought M&M’s were something that I couldn’t have, but when I discovered they were okay, I started finding lots of ways to use them. But this version so far is my favorite!
The first batch of cookies, we used regular M&M’s, but as the Christmas Season grew near, this Holiday version seemed like a good way to bake our way onto Santa’s Nice list! With the traditional read and green for Christmas, these cookies are a great treat for the Holidays and I’m sure Santa will be happy for the Festive treat!
A delicious cookie in itself, even if you don’t have M&M’s you can simply replace it with regular chocolate chips and you’ve got yourself a winner!
Happy Baking Foodies! And if you make the recipe for these Gluten Free M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies, don’t forget to tag us on Instagram!
- 1/2 cup butter or plant based margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup GF 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup M&M's + more for topping
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla then whisk again until incorported.
- Switching to a wooden spoon or spatual, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt then mix until well combined.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips and the m&m's until they are well distributed throughout the cookie dough. Cover with cling and chill forat least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop the cookie dough into balls and lay them on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. We usually place 6 cookies per sheet. at this stage you can press some more M&M's and chocoalte chips onto the top of the cookies before baking so that they are visble after baking.
- Bake cookies for 20 - 25 minutes tunring half way through, until the edges are slightly golden and the cookies are cooked. The bakign time will also depend on how big your cookies are.
- Once the cookies are done, remove from oven, let cool slightly on baking tray before transfering to a cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.