One Bowl Banana Bread
What do you do when you’ve got loads of banana leftover? You make Banana Bread!! And we’ve got a super easy one that requires only one bowl, and a few ingredients that I’m sure you’ve got in the pantry!
One of the recipes that has been frequently requested is a Gluten Free Banana Bread. I’m surprised it took me so long to finally make one, but as they say, better late than never and this recipe was definitely worth the wait!
Moist and delicious, using only one bowl, its one of those recipes that I can whip up in a jiffy and if I want to add a little something extra I just throw in some chocolate chips and nuts and it becomes a choco-nut banana bread!
Here’s the recipe and video:
One Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 4 Ripe Bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (refined) or a neutral oil
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free 1:1 Flour or GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas and using a fork or masher, mash the bananas until there are no more chunks left.
- Add eggs, coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and becomes creamy looking.
- Next fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips if you’re adding then and gently fold in, trying not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and finish with a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 40 -50 minutes until golden and a skewer stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand in the pan for about five minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!!
March 3, 2019 at 10:00 pm
You can never go wrong with Banana Bread! Looks delicious!