Hot Chocolate Jars
It’s -10 degrees outside, snow is on the ground and it’s National Chocolate Day! So what better way to celebrate and share recipe from out new cookbook coming soon than with these Hot Chocolate Jars!
I know it sounds crazy, but I love the cold. Being able to snuggle up under a blanket with a cup of hot cocoa really speaks to me.
So when I began writing the Homemade for the Holidays cookbook, Hot Chocolate Jars seemed like the perfect addition. With just a few ingredients, these jars are perfect to keep in the pantry, and even to give as a gift to someone who loves Chocolate.
We hope you enjoy the recipe and look out for our Homemade for The Holidays coming soon!
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar of choice (we used xylitol)
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups milk of choice
To fill the jars:
- Wash and dry two mason jars then set aside.
- In a jar, layer Hot Choclate ingredients starting with sugar or xylitol, unsweetened cocoa powder, mini Chocolate Chips, and finishing with cinnamon powder.
- Cover the Jars, attach directions tag store in the pantry for use later or give as a easy gift.
To make the Holiday Mocha:
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium to high heat, heat 2 cups milk of choice until little bubbles start to form, reduce to simmer, stir in contents of the jar and whisk until smooth.
- Pour Hot Chocolate into 2 mugs, sprinkle wiht a little more cinnamon and enjoy,