Gluten Free Banana Carrot Flaxseed Muffins
One of my favourite things to make for snacks on the go are muffins. You can create so many healthy combinations, and they make great options when I need a quick bite. These Gluten Free Banana Carrot Flaxseed muffins are quickly becoming my new muffin fav.
Moist and delicious, these muffins are filling and have a nice crunch thanks to the flaxseed. Inspired by my Gluten Free Banana Carrot Loaf Cake, these have less sugar and no frosting making it a healthy option for munching and snacking.
Let’s Talk Ingredients for these Gluten Free Banana Carrot Flaxseed Muffins.
The main ingredients for these muffins are quick simple:
- Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour Blend
- Ripe Bananas
- Grated Carrots
- Melted Coconut Oil – we used this local brand and it works well in all our other baked goods.
- Flaxseed – I love adding this in muffins. Not only are they good for you, they also make the muffins more filling so you can eat one and be satisfied.
How to Serve these Gluten Free Banana Carrot Flaxseed Muffins
When I think of recipes with carrot, my mind always goes to Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting. We want to keep these muffins healthy so I don’t think adding cream cheese frosting is the way to go, but a spread of plain cream cheese when they are warm takes these muffins from great to amazing!
Make these Gluten Free Banana Carrot Flaxseed Muffins your own.
What I love about this recipe is that you can make it your own with a few substitutes and add-ins.
- Things you can add/substitute include:
- Chocolate chips instead of flaxseed
- Coconut & flaxseed
- Chopped Nuts
- Pumpkin Spice instead of Cinnamon
I hope you enjoy the recipe and as always if you try it, don’t forget to tag us on social or comment and let us know. Happy Fall Baking Foodies