What do you get when you combine my two favorite loaf cakes?!?!? You get this super delicious and moist Banana Carrot Cake!! If there are two things I love in the world of desserts it’s a good carrot cake filled with nuts and cinnamon and the other is a slice of banana bread with lots of cinnamon and a ton of bananas to keep it moist. So to me it was only fitting to combine the two flavors and create this super awesome, best of both worlds cake!!
This is definitely the best of the carrot cake and banana bread world. With their shared love for cinnamon and nuts, it works so perfectly even those who don’t like carrot cake will fall in love with this cake. Plus it’s made in one bowl, so it’s not only delicious but easy and the perfect GF go to cake!
Don’t take my word for it, try it yourself! Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups GF All Purpose Flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or xylitol
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment paper or spraying with coconut oil and dusting with flour.
- In a bowl mash the bananas, add the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla, then whisk until combined and creamy looking.
- To the banana mixture add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, whisking to combine until a batter forms. (Just be careful not to over mix)
- Next fold in carrots, then the pecans until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 45 – 50 mins until golden and the center comes out clean when a toothpick is stuck in the center.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly, about 10 mins or so, then remove from pan and let cool completely before frosting with your favorite butter cream or cream cheese frosting and enjoy!!
- (Haven’t written a frosting recipe as yet, but it’s coming soon!)
- I used Bobs Red Mill & a homemade GF blend with great results!