It’s National Chocolate Day and although I shouldn’t have cake, let’s just say I’ll use any excuse to cheat. Especially on chocolate!!!
\So in the midst of having my chocolate fix, I decided it was time to post a simple chocolate cupcake recipe for you guys to make and enjoy!!! Plus I made a video!!
1st one! And if I do say so myself it came out awesome!!!
But back to chocolate business, here is the recipe. It is super easy and delicious that it has become my go to cake in a hurry. I hope you enjoy!! (PS tastes great with Betty Crockers GF Chocolate Fudge Frosting!!!)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup GF all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup GF Cocoa Powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy free works well too)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a cupcake tin with 7-8 liners.
- In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients, and whisk well to combine.
- In another bowl or measuring cup, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well to combine. Trying not to over mix.
- Using a small measuring cup, fill the cupcake liners with batter until about 3/4 way full.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 mins until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops spring back nicely.
- Remove from tin, let cool completely, then top with your favorite frosting!!
How easy is that!!!
Here’s the video to see how it’s done!
Just a couple of notes:
- For this recipe I used GF all purpose from Hodgson Mills because that is what I had left in the house. But I’m sure you can use another gum free alternative with great results!!
- If you do try the recipe please comment and let me know how it turns out!!