Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Spiced Loaf
It may not be fall in the Caribbean, but I love fall flavors. There’s just something about the combo of pumpkin, cinnamon, apple and spice that call to me on a bakers level. They pair together so perfectly that I just can’t help but find ways of using them in my baking creations. That’s how I came up with this delicious pumpkin loaf.
I for one am an Instagram junkie. And scrolling through the different posts from people all over the world. There was just so many delicious things made with these yummy fall ingredients, that I had to join the club!!!
This Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Spiced Loaf is so reminiscent of Fall that it makes me fell like I’m there, especially on a rainy day curled up with a slice and a cup of Earl Grey Tea. Oh the simple things that make me happy. And this is one that I just had to share. Plus I made a video (slowly becoming my new hobby!).
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 1/2 Cups GF All Purpose Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill with great results!)
- 1 cup Fresh Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnut pieces (plus more for sprinkling)
- Nutmeg for grating
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- First to make the pumpkin puree. Cut a fresh piece of pumpkin into chunky pieces. Remove skins, then layout on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and bake at 375 F for about 30 – 45 mins until fork tender.
- Remove from oven, reduce the heat to 350 F for baking the loaf. Add the cooked pumpkin to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Now to make the pumpkin loaf!!! In a sieve combine all the dry ingredients (except the walnuts) and sift, the set aside. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients and add them to the dry. Whisking to combine, mixing well but not too much.
- Fold in walnuts, transfer to a parchment lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 – 50 mins until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- While warm, remove from pan, remove parchment paper and drizzle with maple syrup while warm. sprinkle with more chopped walnuts, grated nutmeg, then enjoy!!!