It’s Cookie Time!!!
Nothing says Christmas (when it comes to food) like sugar cookies!! There’s something about the combination of sweet and crunchy with a hint of vanilla that makes it the perfect treat to have at Christmas. All you need is some milk and some cocoa then you’ve got the makings of a storybook Christmas by the tree.
So one of my tasks for sure, was to remake that crunchy sweet goodness, into a Gluten Free treat!!! It took a couple of tries, but I was finally able to come up with a recipe that makes, for me at least, the best combination of cookie magic!!
So here is Christmas treat number 2….Gluten Free Sugar Cookies!
- 3 cups GF All Purpose Flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp guar gum (omit if blend has gum already)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsps GF baking powder
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and cream again until smooth.
- Next add vanilla, and mix again.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Mix the dry into the wet until, gradually 1 cup at a time until a dough begins to form.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, and and press together until a solid dough is formed. Chill for 15 mins.
- Once dough has chilled, roll the dough out onto a floured surface, and using cookie cutters, cut out shapes. Once finished cutting, gather up excess dough, form another ball and roll out again. Continuing until all the dough is used up. (Note, the dough may get dry and you continue to roll out. If this happens add a couple drops of water to moisten and continue.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. You may need to use a spatula to transfer to sheet, as cookies may break up using your hand.
- Bake at 350° F until golden (about 15 mins) Transfer to a cooling rack. Decorate if you desire, then enjoy!!!