Easy Ground Beef Tacos
Tuesdays will not be Tuesdays without Tacos! And we’ve got the perfect recipe for you to add to your recipe box or tin with these Quick and Easy Ground beef Tacos. Made in under 30 minutes and paired with premade Taco shells with add your own toppings, they are great for everyone in the family, even the picky eaters.
As I have said before, I love food and cooking it too! There’s just something about taking simple ingredients and creating something new or something traditional from a different part of the world without ever having to leave the kitchen. Growing up Tacos was not something that we had on our dinner menu. But after making it for the first time many years ago, it’s something that we’ve grown to love and enjoy.
So What Are Tacos?
Traditionally Tacos are a small Mexican dish made up of a corn or wheat tortilla topped with a filling, usually beef, and garnished with veggies such as lettuce, tomatoes and chillis, and condiments such as sour cream, cheese and my favorite guacamole, that can be held and eaten easily. Nowadays Tacos can be found everywhere and are made with a variety of fillings such as chicken, pork, fish, shrimp and veggies, but we like the traditional beef and we’ve created this easy and delicious version for Ground Beef Tacos.
Using ground beef for these Tacos makes it simple, quick cooking and you can add a lot of flavor in a little time. And with the readily available gluten free Corn Taco shells we are able to whip this recipe up and get dinner on the table in record time. We also use a homemade taco seasoning blend that way we can control the spice and the flavor too. Plus, for those with gluten intolerance and celiac disease it’s a safer option as some of the premade Taco seasonings have additives that can be harmful.
What are some Taco tips?
- Use a lean ground beef that has a lower fat content. This way when you cook your beef you wont have to drain off the fat. (We got this tip from www.thewholesomedish.com)
- Use flavored oil for a little extra kick of flavor. We like to use Chilli Infused Coconut Oil from www.cgacaribbean.com
- When mixing the homemade Taco Seasoning, you can control the spice by either reducing or increasing the chilli powder. However, try not to eliminate it completely as the chili powder gives a much need flavor to the tacos.
- We use stand and stuff Gluten Free Taco Shells from Old El Paso as these are gluten free and as they stand they make it super easy to fill. However you can use regular taco shells as well.
Finally...change things up and have fun!
- In our kitchen, breakfast Tacos are a great treat! Simply scramble some eggs, add it to your taco shell, top with extra taco meat and finish with cheese! These will be a hit I promise!