Can you believe it…2017 is almost over and 2018 is on the horizon. And what a year it has been!!!
8 months ago I never would’ve dreamt I would end up here, writing a New Years greeting to all you GF foodie friends out there and sharing a recipe to end what I must say has been one great year!
When people hear about my condition, their first reaction is one of pity, saying how they feel sorry for me. But I say NO!!! Do not pity me, if it wasn’t for my condition I wouldn’t be here, doing what I love, inspiring others and inspiring myself in ways I didn’t know that I could.
It has been a journey; which I’m still on, and I hope you will continue along for the ride with me. It is my wish to see you in 2018 and I pray that it is one filled with good health, great family, lots of love, prosperity and of course food!!
But now, back to business…at least recipe business. I know it’s kind of late in the day, but I still wanted to share this last recipe for 2017 for these easy GF + Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes!
These came out so perfect, I had to make two batches just so I could get enough to take pictures because the family ate allll in one go, they are that good!!
Made using my homemade GF All Purpose Blend (get that recipe here) and just a few ingredients I’m sure you have hanging around the house, (once you’re a GF baker) they are the perfect dessert to celebrate with your family and friends to ring in the New Year and say Sayonara to the old.
Here it is:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup GF All Purpose Blend
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (less 2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a bowl combine GF flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, guar gum and salt. Sift and set aside.
- In another bowl combine almond milk, vinegar, vanilla and coconut oil. Whisk in granulated sugar and whisk until light and frothy. (about 1 – 2 mins)
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake at 350° F for about 18 – 20 mins until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let cool for about 5 mins in the pan and then remove.
Now to make the frosting!!!
- 1/2 cup all vegetable margarine
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl add margarine and whisk. Add vanilla then confectioners sugar and cocoa slowly while whisking. As the frosting gets thick thin it out with the almond milk.
Finally Frost the cupcakes!!!