Easy Peasy GF Chocolate Cupcakes
When it comes to dessert, my favorite go-to item is always a cupcake. Quick and easy, a cupcake can be made in any flavor and decorated for any occasion. And out of all the flavors out there, a simple chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing is at the top of my list. To me, there is nothing quite like the chocolate on chocolate flavor, and this cupcake recipe is always a crowd pleaser. With its chocolate richness and delightful flavor, paired with its one bowl easiness, it can be made even while you have guests over. Plus it uses simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand, making it my dessert of choice.
A twist on my Easy GF Chocolate Cupcake Recipe, this version is Refined Sugar Free with an addition of coffee to bring out the chocolate flavor. Simply add your favorite frosting…I use Betty Crocker as it’s gluten free…and enjoy!
All you need is:
- 1/2 cup GF All Purpose (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup xylitol (or granulated sugar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp guar gum (omit if your blend already has it)
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil (coconut or grape seed works well)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients, add the milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and egg. Whisk to combine all the ingredients until a batter begins to form. If the batter is too thick, simply add a tablespoon or two of milk to loosen it up so that it can be mixed easily.
- Once the batter is ready, line a cupcake pan with 8 liners. Fill the cups 3/4 way with the batter and bake in a preheated 350° F oven for about 15 – 20 mins until the cupcakes are done and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. You will know the cupcakes are almost done when they start to smell.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan, let cool completely. Top with your favorite frosting and enjoy!! How easy is that!!